4017 County Road JJ, Black Earth, WI 53515
Siting a new house is the most critical decison in minimizing future ownership costs. Orientation to the sun over the seasons, length of driveway, positioning the building within the context of the land are important considerations.
Home site permits are often applied for in conjunction with a driveway permit, zoning change or land division.
For a permit, you need to know:
• The current zoning district of the parcel must allow for a home site.
• A “Potential Development Right,” or PDR, must be associated with your site.
• The minimum lot size for any house is two (2) acres.
• All sites require either 66 feet of road frontage or a 66-foot legal easement.
• Building is prohibited in Resource Protection areas or floodplains,
• In a designated Ridgetop Protection Area, building heights are restricted to 28-feet or less.
Application Checklist to ensure your form is submitted correctly the first time.
Note: Any time throughout the zoning process, contact the Town of Vermont Plan Commission Secretary at [email protected] for information or guidance.